Thursday 21 September 2017

Final year Fine Art & Contemporary Cultures BAhons #2

Week 1

First day on the course included having to make a presentation (eek!) and have a feast (yay!). This is a photo of the feast to bear evidence of everyone's generosity in bringing food.

The presentation was about our influences and likes. Titled 5x5, we had to choose 5 songs, 5 books, 5 artists, 5 materials, 5 films. Not everyone presented back but those who did made it interesting and we all did it differently. Mine was a drawing & a list, but there were also sketchbooks, diagrams, a wonderful video and a filled up day pack.

I'm the only part-time course member at this level so my experience will be a bit different to the others. I suspect I will experience the whole, but in a drawn out way, and I hope to agree with my tutors in thinking part-time is a good deal because you get very similar access to studio and facilities, although tutor time is more spread out, as are the assessments. And that may be a good thing, as this week we were introduced to our learning goals regarding practical work, and also got to discuss initial proposals for the critical thinking dissertation (dun dun der) or case study (aura of slight bewilderment now thankfully dispersed) which is the option I've picked. I will come back to that one.

No comments: