Wednesday 3 October 2018

Anti-tresspass / guerilla casting


Having seen anti-tresspass panels at the railway station and admiring their unintentionally bold modernist aesthetic I thought they might make amazing supports for polythene paintings to lay over or against, but they are a bit pricey. I do like the idea of one of my paintings laid out on a bed of nails/spikes/little pyramids though. I'm also investigating 'deterrent paving'. 

Downloading all the things in my head after a studio chat with Mark Essen which, regardless of what seem to be all the usual issues with the course, was a really positive experience. Now I feel ready to get on with the casting ideas that have been in my head for a few weeks - I enjoyed scribbling but please excuse my scrawl.


So, having got my hands on a frame and enough plaster-of-Paris I'm planning a bit of guerilla casting if the wather stays dry. Watch this space.

No comments: