Tuesday 26 April 2022

Radio Public - placing distance

Week 3

Week 1 and 2 blog Here

Sadly, attempts to join the group online in this week were undone by a combination of Easter school holidays, noise and lack of bandwidth. Instead I will proffer this image which I made inspired by our derive on Week 2. 

It is made on the iPad in Procreate by tracing over one thing from each of all the photographs I took, building these onto a deliberately flat single layer to create a snapshot of time. 

I think I always find exploring confusing although I enjoy doing it. There is so much to take in; synapses firing off from so much sensory input even over a small distance. Dudley High Street may be ordinary and unloved but it contains a huge variety of shapes and textures. Now placed over an accidentally blurred 'walking' photo, I hope the slightly arbitrary choices I made during this process go some way towards conveying those.





No comments: