Tuesday 24 January 2017

Some recent sketchbook paintings

Doodles that grew. Experiments with new media. These are the things I do in between computer-based presentation work and bigger art works to satisfy my butterfly mind.

All 3 of these sketches grew from a experiment with Este McCleod's technique of starting a doodle from a word or phrase - I can't for the life of me remember what words I used - which I really liked the look of in the delightful videos on her Facebook page. But after a couple of goes the technique made me feel rather restricted and I realised that I rather like the blank page as a starting place. However, maybe because the technique of starting was different it lead me to a different place, which I am pleased about, and was really the point of the experiment. And it was fun.

This is Este's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/EsteMacLeodArtist/?hc_ref=SEARCH&fref=nf




No comments: